"Serving those who served us first. We provide safety for male veterans experiencing homelessness."
During their stay at St. Joseph’s Home, our veterans rediscover their integrity, self-respect, and respect for others.
They are empowered to become positive, productive members of our community with clarity of purpose and a renewed spirit.
We help our veterans to...
- Regain lost hope
- Heal from their respective wounds
- Reclaim ownership of their lives
We provide our veterans with...
- Financial independence
A place to call home
St. Joseph’s Home for Veterans is a sister program to the Samaritan House’s Veterans Program. Last year we served 42 veterans.
We offer a group-home setting with case management services in an effort to further assist veterans in their transition back into the community.
Our home serves 16 veterans. Several of our residents have been diagnosed with mental illness or have a history of severe substance abuse.
We maximize our residents’ success rate by partnering with our veterans to improve their own self-awareness and to “normalize” their life with routine, daily practice of important life skills.
How can you help?
4626 Pennsylvania St.
Denver, CO 80216
Our Wish List
Residents at St. Joseph's Home for Veterans currently need the following items.
- A prepared meal for 16 men delivered to the shelter
- Non-perishable food items (canned soup, vegetables, snacks, cereal, and pastas/pasta sauce etc.)
- Hygiene items (soap, deodorant, shaving cream, razors, shampoo)
- Professional quality pots, pans, cookware
- Single bed sheets
- Single bedspreads and blankets
- Laundry baskets
- Dinner plates, dinnerware and cutlery
- Surgical gloves and ziplock bags
- Coats, gloves, hats and boots
- NEW kitchen trash cans with lids
- NEW socks, underwear and white t-shirts
- NEW cleaning supplies for clients who are moving out
Please call 303-292-2591 for additional information and our hours of operation, in order to drop off donations.