We serve men, women, and children facing homelessness.
We help them find a path to self-sufficiency.
- A warm bed, clean linens, and toiletries
- A hot meal and community atmosphere
- Case management and life skills classes
- Community resources and referrals
We make a difference.
Last year alone:
- 226 residents found employment
- 96% of our single residents left the shelter with an income source
- 86% of our families left the shelter with an income source
- Over 50% of our residents moved into stable housing
Take a Tour!
Contact us to schedule a tour at 303-294-0241.
How can you help?
2301 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 80205
It’s not just a place to sleep.
We provide a temporary home, a place for new beginnings.
Each of our residents is matched with a case manager who helps him/her navigate our 120-day Levels Program. Each resident commits to goals that will help them obtain stable income and housing.
We supply about 50% of the shelter housing available to families in the Denver area.
120-Day Levels Program Requirements
- Attend “Employment” and “Life Skills” class series
- Attend “Housing” and “Money Management” class series
- Regularly submit “Job Search” and “Housing Search” logs
- Regularly deposit earnings into a supervised, personal housing fund
- Meet regularly with Case Manager
Our Permanent Shelter Accommodations
- Men’s Dorm with 126 beds
- Women’s Dorm with 48 beds
- 21 Family Rooms, for up to 75 children
- Overflow space for 100, additional men
Special Programs for Special Needs
We offer special programs that cater to the needs of families, singles, and veterans including:
- Parent-child connection groups
- Faith-based classes
- School enrollment assistance
- Individual and family counseling
- Individualized plans and treatment programs
Volunteers are truly the backbone of our operations.
We could not have the same impact without the help of volunteers.
The Value of Volunteers
- Over 14,209 hours of generous service last year
- Over 352 volunteers last year
- Donated hours mean money saved, and THAT means more help, for more people.
Want to volunteer?
Please consider joining our team. Your time truly makes an impact!
Currently, we are seeking volunteers willing to commit to a minimum of 3-6 months of routine service. All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, though certain positions may require a higher age minimum.
In addition, all staff and volunteers of Catholic Charities are required to have completed the "Called to Protect" Class before serving within any agency program.
Common items our residents need include:
- White tube socks
- Pocket calendars for 2013
- Household items
- Office supplies
- Diapers-sizes 4, 5,6 (biggest need)/Pull ups/Baby wipes
- Teen items (cologne/perfume, teen games, makeup, clothes, walkmans)
- Dishes/pots and pans (for aftercare clients)
- Crockpots (for aftercare clients)
- TV/DVD player (floor activities/classes)
- Pack and plays
- Air mattresses
Due to limited storage, we are not able to take large TV’s or furniture.
Please call 303-294-0241 for additional information and hours of operation.