It’s more than money.
We help families in crisis get back on their feet.
We help low-income families and individuals living in Larimer County in times of financial need.
- Utility Bill Assistance
- Prescription Assistance
- Monthly bus passes
- Single-ride bus passes
- Disabled bus passes
- Birth certificates
- and referrals to other agencies
We also collect and distribute Christmas presents to over 500 children each year.
How can you help?
Mary’s Story: One bill after another…
Mary, 67, came to us with an electric bill she couldn’t pay.
After raising two children as a single parent, she has spent the past eight years as the primary caretaker of her 86-year-old father.
Her monthly budget is $700, between Social Security Income and Food Stamps.
In January 2012, Mary underwent a hip replacement. She’s still recovering from the cost. She now anticipates a second surgery, in light of recent diagnosis of illness in her eye.
Just one week before arriving in our office, Mary’s father passed away, only to discover that his own outstanding bills had been transferred to her name.
Mary sold and pawned as much as she could in order to pay for the burial of her father, his outstanding bills, and her own growing expenses.
Of the outstanding $2,500 facing her, Catholic Charities was able to grant Mary assistance totaling $1500. Despite the fact that she still had $1000 to manage, Mary broke down in joy – sobbing and laughing at the same time. She could handle this amount. She felt both astonished and relieved.
Following the appointment, Catholic Charities assisted Mary in setting up a payment plan. She even inquired about Case Management at our Murphy Center for Hope, in order to receive more guidance in the handling of her father’s debts, and more support in coping with her loss.
Clients must call the business day before they want to schedule an appointment.
Appointments scheduled as funds are available.
Call 970-484-5010 for appointment. The appointment line is open Monday – Friday: 8:30-10:00AM
- Must have a shut off notice
- Must have valid I.D. that matches the name on the bill
- No Loveland residents
- Must of have legible prescription from a doctor or a prescription at one of the following pharmacies:
1636 N College Ave (416-5832)
731 S Lemay Ave (490-1128)
209 N College Ave (482-1234)
460 S College Ave ( 484-9534)
Salud Family Health Center
1635 Blue Spruce Drive (494-4040)
- No narcotics
- No birth control
- Only within the United States
- Client is responsible if form needs to be notarized
- Must have valid form of ID or alternative form of ID
- Service can be used only once
- Monthly Bus passes- only 2 per person per calendar year
- Single Ride Bus passes - up to 10 per person per calendar year
- Disabled Bus passes- Doctor signature needed OR proof of disability
- Senior Bus passes- ID proving age (60+)
- No Loveland residents
(for appointments call Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 10:00 AM)
Hours: Monday – Thursday 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope
242 Conifer Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524