We prevent the risk harm to children and out-of-home placements.
We promote safe, permanent, and stable families.
We provide support to families at the Guadalupe Shelter:
- Support groups for children and parents
- Classes on mental health, communication, anger management, child development and parenting
- Assistance enrolling children in school or child care
- Help with getting immunizations
- A homework club and safe play areas
- Childcare for parents attending on-site classes
- On-site therapy/counseling
- Life-skills classes
- Employment assistance
- Guidance on benefits
- Connections to community resources
We support next-in-kin relatives raising their children and adoptive families
- Monthly educational and emotional support groups
- Adoption consultation, training and support
We make a difference
Last year we served 145 families, including 256 children. 100% of families receiving case management did not have their children removed from the home.
Are you raising a relative's child or children? Need support?
Contact Cheri or Joan for more information, 970-353-6433.