"Parents are the primary teachers of their children.
We engage them in a collaborative partnership."
About Head Start
Catholic Charities is one of five delegate agencies providing Head Start programs for Denver's Great Kids Head Start.
Meeting Head Start Performance Standards, we provide comprehensive services to all children:
- Quality early childhood education
- Medical health services
- Dental health services
- Disabilities services (if needed)
We provide assistance to parents by:
- Identifying family goals and strengths
- Establishing mutual trust and relationships
- Collaborating with community agencies to provide additional supportive services
Early Head Start
Our Early Head Start program serves infants, toddlers and pregnant women. Our services support families in providing a healthy environment for children in their early years.
We ensure that pregnant moms are receiving comprehensive prenatal care and provide important information:
- Labor and Delivery
- Fetal Development and the Risks of Substance Abuse
- Postpartum Recovery and Depression
- Infant Health and Safety
- Oral Health for Mom and Baby
- Bonding and Attachment
Home Based Program
We provide home visitors to families of children age 3 and under. During weekly visits, our home visitors:
- Teach parenting skills
- Help create a learning environment in the home
- Custom design activities for each family
We also offer 2 socialization groups each month and provide meals and snacks to the children.
For children age 3 – 5 years, we offer a combination of center-based education and in-home visits. The child attends a classroom session once a week and a Head Start Teacher visits the family’s home three times a month.